On October 30, 2020, Wizkid premiered his 4th studio album ‘Made in Lagos’ – (MIL) by Starboy Entertainment and RCA Records.
The 14-rack project features guest appearances from the likes of Burna Boy, Skepta, H.E.R., Ella Mai, Tay Iwar, Projexx, Tems and Terri.
On August 27, the deluxe edition was released, which features additional guest appearances from Buju and Justin Bieber.
Music producers who jointly worked on this body of work include; P2J, Kel-P, Sarz, London, P, Blaqjerzee, Kill September, Juls, P.Priime and Legendury Beatz.
Below are the monumental achievements of Star boy’s “Made in Lagos” (MIL) album in the span of one year:
1. Highest-charting Nigerian album of all time on the Billboard 20 chart (No. 28)
2. Longest-charting Nigerian album this century on the Billboard 200 chart (17 weeks).
3. Longest-charting Nigerian album of all time on the Billboard World Albums chart (50 weeks).
4. First Nigerian album to spend multiple weeks at #1 on the Billboard World Albums chart (3 weeks).
5. First Nigerian album to spend a year on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
6. Longest-charting Nigerian album on the UK Albums chart this decade (6 weeks).
7. First Nigerian artist in history to simultaneously chart on the Hot 100 and Billboard 200 (16 weeks).
8. First Nigerian song to reach the Top on the Hot 100 – “Essence”.
9. Longest-charting single by an African artist on the Hot 100 – “Essence”