Home Nigeria Terrorists release seven Kaduna train passengers, abduct five

Terrorists release seven Kaduna train passengers, abduct five

Kaduna train passengers
Kaduna train passengers

Terrorists who attacked the Abuja-Kaduna bound train on March 28, 2022,   on Wednesday, released seven more hostages, including a family of six and a woman, The PUNCH reports.

The identities of the family of six are the father, Abdubakar Garba; his wife, Maryam; and their 10-year-old son, Ibrahim; Fatima (7); Imran (5); and Zainab, who is one-and-a-half-year old.

Garba, who is a staff member of the National Assembly Service Commission, is the son of a former Military Administrator in Kano and Benue States.

Also released is a 60-year-old woman, Aisha Hassan, who was said to have been released due to life-threatening health challenges that deteriorated recently.

Although Tukur Mamu, publisher of Kaduna-based Desert Herald and media consultant to controversial Islamic cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi,  confirmed the release of the seven hostages to journalists in Kaduna, he however, in a statement, said they were released following Gumi’s intervention.

The statement read in part, “Disturbed by the gory video images of four teenage children belonging to same family he saw in the last video released by the attackers of the AK9 Train, Gumi, for the first time since the abduction of the innocent passengers of that train over four months ago, reached out to the abductors through his media consultant, and sent Allah’s messages to them and consistently pleaded with them to consider the release of the poor children and their innocent parents.

“It was learnt that the health condition of two of the children has deteriorated since the flogging incident that affected their helpless father. A total of additional seven hostages were therefore released on Wednesday.

“The husband of the four kids is a staff member of the NASC. There was no intervention from the commission or NASS on his behalf since the travails began.

“This is to confirm to the world that due to Sheikh Gumi’s efforts and with the support of a serving Senator from the North, (a God-fearing personality that doesn’t have any relationship with the hostages) who chose to remain anonymous, the family of six has regained their freedom on Wednesday morning.

“Also released is a 60-year-old woman, one Hajia Aisha Hassan, who was said to have been released due to life-threatening health challenges that have deteriorated recently.”

The PUNCH, earlier reported that on March 28, 2022, terrorists planted explosives devices along the rail track and when the Abuja-Kaduna bound AK-9 passenger train approached the point, the device exploded, leading to the death of eight passengers.

Ango Abdullahi’s family

Meanwhile, terrorists on Tuesday night invaded Yakwada village in Giwa Local Government Area of Kaduna State and kidnapped daughter-in-law to the Convener of the Northern Elders’ Forum, Prof. Ango Abdullahi; her four children and others.

A security guard was said to have been killed in the process.

The daughter-in-law, Ramatu Samsila, is married to the Village Head of Yakawada, Alhaji Rilwan Saudu, who is the son of the elder brother to Abdullahi, a former Vice Chancellor of the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in Kaduna State.

Our correspondent gathered that the hoodlums also abducted some neighbours of the Village Head.

A source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity for security purpose, said, “Some residents of the area also sustained injuries. I think they should be at the Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital at the moment receiving treatment.

“The terror gang went away with over nine residents of the area. It is unfortunate. Remember that one of Prof’s sons was among the abducted Abuja-Kaduna train passengers in March and was just released recently and his eldest son, Isah died not quite long and now his daughter-in-law and children.”

As of the time of filing this report, neither the state government nor the state police command had confirmed the attack.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mohammed Jalige, did not take the call made to his telephone line or respond to a text message sent to him as of the time of filing this report.


Previous articleNigeria facing existential threat, World Bank warns
Next articleOwo Church massacre: Two more ISWAP terrorists arrested, identities revealed


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here