By Uche Amunike
In its bid to boost its recruitment drive to enable the country tackle her numerous internal security challenges, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) recruitment exercises 2020 for qualified candidates for Trades and Non-Trades Airmen/Airwomen for Basic Military Training Course 43/2022 has commenced.
This was made known by Air Force Spokesman, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, who announced that the online registration which kicked off on April 11, 2022 will end on May 22, 2022.
Gabkwet made it clear that aside from other compulsory requirements needed by the authorities, interested applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth, apart from being medically and physically fit. They must also not have any criminal convictions by any court of law.
Hear him: ‘Additionally, applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 22 for non-tradesmen/women and 18 and 25 years for tradesmen/women and must possess a minimum academic qualification of 5 credits, including Mathematics and English Language in not more than 2 sittings in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NANABTEB.’
‘Recruitment interview exercise will hold from June 27 to August 28, 2022’.
‘Applicants are to note that online registration and all other recruitment processes are FREE OF CHARGE and no payment should be made at any point throughout the exercise’.
‘Interested applicants can apply online at http://www.nafrecruitment.
airforce.mil.ng/, Gabkwet concluded.
The instructions to be followed for the Nigerian Airforce recruitment exercise 2022 are as follows:
1. Applicants are to apply once as multiple online applications would be disqualified.
2. Applicants are to print out the under listed documents after completion of the application online:
3. You need to present all your academic certificates.
4. All important documents like Birth certificates or Declaration of Age which should be obtained like 4 years earlier.
5. Educational/Trade Certificates is required for some categories.
6. Indigeneship certificate from your own state to show that you are from your state is needed.
7. Attestation of Local Government Area Form
8. Acknowledgement Card
9. Writing Materials (for aptitude test)
10. Attestation of Parent/Guardian Consent Form
Part of the general instruction given for qualifying for the Nigerian Airforce recruitment 2022, is that it is open to Nigerians who are fit in all areas, but if the applicant has any form of disability, they won’t be accepted.
Other instructions are as follows:
1. Nationality: as you are applying hope you are a Nigerian citizen by birth? That’s the number 1 criteria.
2. Age: also check if you are above the age limit, it’s clearly stated that Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 22 years for non-tradesmen/women, 18snd 25 years for tradesmen and women.
Meanwhile, those applying as Assistants Chaplains/Assistant Imams and drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 28 years.All applicants must be single.
4. Height: your height can disqualify you if you didn’t meet this requirement hence the Minimum height is 1.66 meters or 5.4ft for males and 1.63 meters or 5.3ft for females.
5. Medical Fitness: the Nigerian Airforce has a medical and employment standard that all applicants must meet. They expect only physically fit persons to apply.
It is also compulsory for applicants to possess a national identity card/NIN or BVN.