Ten weeks ago twenty housemates walked through the Big Brother’s house door and were termed the ”chosen ones” but today, the five finalist in the persons of Vee, Neo, Nengi Dorothy and Laycon graduated from the ”chosen ones,” to the ”celebrated ones.”
The grand finale of this year’s BBNaija 2020 edition has indeed come and gone with Laycon announced as the winner of the 71 days lockdown edition. Below is a report of how events unfolded.
– The show began with performances by the popular Nigeria musical artiste Fireboy DML, from his New album Apollo, featuring songs, such as Vibration, Elo, Party Scatter and Spell.
– VEE’s EVICTION: Vee was the first amongst the last five finalists to be evicted from the house. Ebuka asked Vee why she was always breaking up with Neo? He said to Vee that he has lost counts of how many times she broke up with Neo. When quizzed by Ebuka if she made more friends than foes in the house, she replied ” I wouldn’t know if I did but, I tried to be genuine with everyone in the house and if in the process I made more friends than foes or vice versa then am okay with that.”
-On going forward, Vee said ”I will like to go all the way into Showmax and Entertainment. Apart from my music, I will also venture into acting and Hosting.”
Another Nigerian Artist Rema came on stage to perform his hit song Brema
– NEO’s EVICTION: Neo was the next housemate to be evicted immediately after Vee, amongst the five finalists. Ebuka also asked him the same question of his back and forth with Vee? Neo said ” it is what it is… he said he wouldn’t want to rush into anything with Vee because of his past experiences in relationships… I would give her time while I take my time as well, and see how it goes from there.”
-Moving forward Neo hopes to continue his modelling and fit into any aspect of life… the hustle is real and I’ll continue. According to him, he said ” I can do anything and fit into any area I find myself.”
-NENGI’s EVICTION: Nengi was the final Housemate to be evicted from the season 5 lockdown episode. Ebuka asked her if she was disappointed to be out? And she replied ” not exactly because I saw it coming but am glad I made it to the finals.” When asked by Ebuka if what she said in tears about finally ending his friendship with Ozo was real? She replied ”I was angry at the moment and it was the alcohol speaking too. We will sort things out hopefully after now.”
-On what next? Nengi is looking forward to promoting her business brand and focusing on her education.
– Next, Mayorkun and Davido lights up the stage with a dual performance of the song ”Betty Butter” and Davido continued alone afterwards with the song tilled ”Fem.”
-This season’s show was not devoid of certain epic moments which were relieved by Big Brother. Such moments included; Excerpts from the wonderful relationships, love, friendships developed and shared in the house, occasions of sadness and emotional breakdown, laced with tears by housemates, clips and recaps of confrontations and also periods of joy, happiness, birthday anniversaries and house parties celebrations. The arena games, tasks presentations, as well as scenarios of jubilations of victories won.
– DOROTHY, And LAYCON: They proudly leave the Big Brother’s house as the two finalists holding each other’s arms are invited by biggie to come to the stage.
-Dorothy said on stage ” Am so surprised to be here because I came in with eighteen amazing people but I’m happy how far I came.” When asked and reminded of her promise to the viewers, to tell them who she really loved amongst the housemates, if she made it to the finals?, by the mischievous TV host Ebuka, Dorathy initially tried to play coy and smart by mentioning Ebuka name, but she eventually owned up and confessed that Brighto was her love interest in the house.
– Laycon talking about if he was surprised to be among the last two said that he was shocked to be . According to him, he said ” I was basically here to simply promote my music and my brand.”
– EBUKA DECLARES LAYCON WINNER: After a recap of the highlights of their stay in the big brother’s house, Ebuka declared Laycon as the winner of the big brother season five lockdown 2020 edition.
– Laycon drops to the floor as Dorothy tries to hug and help him up, other housemates and friends come up stage to join in his celebration.