President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of six new aides to the First Lady of Federal Republic of Nigeria, Aisha Buhari.
This was disclosed in a statement signed by the Director of Information to the First Lady, Suleiman Haruna.
The appointments come days after the First Lady returned from a long holiday in the United Kingdom.
According to her, although she had observed her 6 weeks long annual leave, she needed some extra time away to attend to her health.
See the list of aides and their portfolios below.
1) Dr. Mairo Almakura – Special Assistant on African First Ladies Peace Mission (AFLPM)
2) Muhammed Albishir – Special Assistant on Organization of African First Ladies for Development (OAFLAD)
3) Wole Aboderin – Special Assistant on Non-Governmental Organizations
4) Barr. Aiyu Abdullahi – Special Assistant on Media and Publicity
5) Zainab Kazeem – Special Assistant on Domestic and Social Events
6) Funke Adesiyan – Personal Assistant on Domestic and Social Events
The appointments take immediate effect.
What a waste of national resources? Why does Nigeria need 6 aids for the first lady? What has she done so far but forced vacation in the UK. This is nothing but another ways to siphon badly needed funds from the FGN budgets. We need the money for the poor families, schools, hospitals, roads, housing, employment and security. When does Nigeria stop amusing the world with lack of priorities? Shameless.